Basics of Grammar
- Researchers have stated that vocabulary deficiencies are a primary cause of academic failures. Research indicates that low levels of vocabulary can have an impact on reading and therefore, writing.
- These researchers profess that direct and explicit instruction of a set number of vocabulary words will improve academic success in all content areas.
- Learning 500 words each year may improve learning by as much as 10 to 30%.
- For this reason, it is very important for students to quickly build up a large store of words. Research studies have shown the strong links between having an extensive vocabulary and achieving school success.
- Have you ever noticed a film heroine whose mother tongue is not Telugu, speaking Telugu?
- Similarly collectors, where ever they get posted, learn the local language in a month’s time. How is this possible? What is their secret of their speaking? How do they achieve this?
- How do they understand the language in just a few months and start talking fluently in a year?
- Whatever may be the language, vocabulary is very important. If you know 2000 words in any language, you understand what the others are talking. If we have a vocabulary of 5000 words, then we can speak fluently.
- Knowing the words is not enough. We need to keep using the words while speaking, where ever possible.
- This Vocabulary Builder tool has 5000 + Words which are used in our day-to-day life and can be used by anyone from a 5 year old kid to a 25 year old person.
This Computer Based Tutor to build your Vocabulary has been classified into 8 levels.
- Level-1 Verbs: These are the basic verbs used by beginners.
- Level-2 Verbs: These are verbs which help users to convey actions which they observe and carry out habitually.
- Level-3 Verbs: The verbs of this level assist learners in improving their vocabulary.
- Level-4 Verbs: Learners who wish to become proficient in English vocabulary need exposure to these verbs.
- Level-5 Verbs: This list contains verbs of regular usage in our daily activities and formal communication.
- Level-6 Verbs: It contains verbs of an advanced level which help in conveying the intended meaning with clarity and precision.
- Level-7 Verbs: These are verbs which are unorthodox in nature. They are to be used in situations which do not occur on a daily basis.
- Level-8 Verbs: Here, we find verbs that are used by professionals in different fields of work. Hence they require specialist knowledge.
Words used in this Tutor are carefully selected to ensure your success in achieving mastery over vocabulary. Regular and Consistent Practice is the key to acquiring a firm grip over the intricacies of the language. Enjoy the Journey!